The Fijian Drua’s internal hit out last week after a COVID-19 cancelled trial against the Western Force has given coach Mick Byrne much needed answers.
“I am very happy at where we are at after that,” Byrne said after the game at Ballina Park over the weekend.
“They had been itching to play for the past 12 weeks. Twelve weeks they had been gearing up for a game and it was tough in the sense that they went for each other.”
Byrne said the match gave him the opportunity to see his full arsenal on display.
“It is a brand new group of players, we know what they can do in training and now we know what they can do under pressure during a game.
“There is some really good things happening for us and we are excited.”
The Fijian Drua will play the Melbourne Rebels next week on Thursday in their final preseason match.
Fijian Drua squad:
- Props: Haereiti Hetet, Jone Koroiduadua, Meli Tuni, Kaliopasi Uluilakepa, Manasa Saulo, Samuela Tawake, Timoci Sauvoli
- Hookers: Mesu Dolokoto, Tevita Ikanivere, Zuriel Togiatama
- Locks: Chris Minimbi, Ratu Rotuisolia, Sorovakatini Tuifagalele, Viliame Rarasea
- Backrow: Isoa Nasilasila, Joseva Tamani, Kitione Salawa, Meli Derenalagi, Nemani Nagusa, Raikabula Momoedonu, Rusiate Nasove, Te Ahiwaru Cirikidaveta, Vilive Miramira
- Halfbacks: Leone Nawai, Peni Matawalu, Simione Kuruvoli
- Flyhalves: Baden Kerr, Caleb Muntz, Teti Tela
- Centres: Apisalome Vota, Kalaveti Ravouvou, Kalione Nasoko, Seru Vularika
- Outside Backs: Kitione Ratu, Kitione Taliga, Napolioni Bolaca, Onisi Ratave, Selestino Ravutaumada, Vinaya Habosi, Tuidraki Samusamuvodre
FIJI TIMES – NOA BIUDOLE – 3 February, 2022